Wednesday 5th April 2017
SESSION ONE Chairman's Welcome: Graham Mather, Chairman, World Free Zone Convention
KEYNOTE SPEECHES from distinguished guests and local officials
- How will the political and economic upheavals in Europe and the US affect global trade and FDI?
- How should countries and regions respond?
- How can Zones profit from these disruptions?
Refreshments (and Opening of Exhibition)
SESSION TWO SPECIAL AND ECONOMIC ZONE DEVELOPMENT POLICIES
- Zone development policies – Zones as a test bed for wider economic reforms
- Co-financing with the private sector
- Key issues for Zone governance
SESSION THREE ENABLING DIVERSIFICATION THROUGH ZONES AND SMART CITIES
- Organisational structure and management to enable diversification
- The growth of Smart Cities - Integration with Zones
- Robots and automation are replacing the traditional workforce - how FTZs in the US are adapting to remain competitive
- Case Studies
SESSION FOUR FOCUS ON FINANCIAL AND TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
ZONES, FINANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
ZONES AS ENABLERS OF TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
- The exponential impact of Financial Technology
- The role of Islamic finance
- Hi-tech Customs & Global Trade Management Solutions
- Technology incubators – commercialising S&T innovations
- Fostering the creation and start-up of companies
- Start-ups, scale-ups – more than buzz-words?
Conference Dinner at premier location and presentation of Annual Global Investor Watch Website Awards
Thursday 6th April 2017
SESSION FIVE ATTRACTING INWARD INVESTMENT - STRATEGIES THAT WORK
- FDI promotion – the latest trends
- The importance of incentives - tailoring offers
- Case study of successful IPA/Zone co-ordination - Making political support work for your Zone
- Differentiating what your zone has to offer
SESSION SIX CLUSTER DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES - Zones and domestic linkages
- The missing link - collaborating clusters - and FDI promotion strategies
- Skills development and building an employee infrastructure
- Clusters across regions and national borders
- Zone Case Studies
A feature of current Zone marketing is to partner with other organisations (Bi-lateral Chambers of Commerce or other country Zones in the same supply chain, for example) both domestic and international. An hour's B2B matching Session between delegates on the second day of the Two Day International Conference will be a special feature of this year’s Convention.
More information will be shared with participants after they have registered.
An invitation has been extended to all participants to visit one or more Zone projects in Qatar.
More details will follow.